Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mango Rice








Last night I made mango rice. I got the recipe from Menu Today. * Measure and Method Must Always be Right * . I must tell you, this is the best way of eating raw mango.I liked this better than lemon rice and tamarind rice.

Ingredients: I used are the same as Menu Today but I left out the cashew :

Mango - 1, Cooked Rice - 1 1/2 cups,Fenugreek Powder - 1 1/2 tsps,Turmeric Powder,Asafoetida,Salt to taste.


For spluttering: Oil - 2 tablespoons, Mustard seeds,Cummin Seeds,Dry Red Chilli-1,Green Chilli slit-1,Curry Leaves and ground Nut


Method:I used the pressure cooker first to cook 11/2 cups of rice. Since Menu Today advised that the grains should stand out, I used two cups of water for one cup rice.Then I went on to grate the mango.Next, I dry roasted fenugreek seeds and powdered it in a blender.I never knew that powdered fenugreek could smell so good. I proceeded to splutter mustard and cumin seeds followed by other ingredients.Now I added the raw mango and stirred it for a minute. I finally added the cooked rice and methi powder and mixed it thoroughly.The fragrant mango rice was ready to be served.Thank you Menu Today for this great recipe.This was simply yummy.You can use left over rice to make breakfast.This is my submission for the MBP :Easy Breezy Breakfast event. I'm also linking this post to Coffee's MBP page.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. Mango rice is my favorite too. My grandmother used to make it quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a nice recipe dear,thanks for participating..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a nice recipe dear..thanks for participating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx easycrafts for coming up with the theme

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roasted menthe seeds powder smells heavenly and home made pickles aroma come from them! Loved your mango rice and we love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx LG,so thoughful of you to have commented

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really nice...we have a mango tree right outside and I will definitely be trying it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do try it out shalini..it tastes so good.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog